Dementia Friendly Washoe County
and Idlewild Health Walks
invite you to:
Walk With Me
Come Join Us!
For a celebration of strength, resilience, and community while living
2:00 – 5:00pm on June 4th, 2019
In the California Building at Idlewild Park
- 2:00: Walk through Idlewild Park with people in our community who are living with dementia during this special offering of
Idlewild Health Walks.
- 3:00: Listen as we share successes from the past year and hear stories of resilience and strength from individuals in our community who are living with dementia and their care partners.
- 3:30: Engage in dynamic discussions as we consider a multi-sector approach to inclusivity.
- 4:15: Explore interactive booths and displays that detail our various initiatives around Washoe County.
- 4:45: Celebrate — Mix, mingle, and enter the door prize raffle as we consider what’s next for Dementia Friendly Washoe County!
Share your stories!
As part of Walk With Me, we are asking Washoe County community members to submit stories and photos of strength, resilience, and community while living with dementia to be incorporated into an immersive exhibit.
If you have a story or photo from your life that speaks to this topic, we invite you to share it with us!
Stories and photos can be submitted here:
Or, if you would prefer, you can set up a time to share your stories and/or have photos taken in-person.
To do so, feel free to contact: