What is the EXERT Study?
EXERT is a national, 18-month long, clinical trial to test whether physical exercise can slow the progression of early Alzheimer’s disease related memory problems or mild cognitive impairment in older adults. EXERT is taking place at 15 academic medical centers and YMCA’s in the US.
Who Can Participate in the EXERT Study?
- Adults between the ages of 65 and 89 years who:
- Are diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Are not exercising regularly
- Are in good health otherwise
What’s Great about EXERT for Participants?
- An 18-month membership to a participating YMCA
- A personal trainer for 12 months
- A personalized exercise program
- A chance to feel better ~and~ have fun!
Participating YMCA Locations in Las Vegas:
Durango Hills YMCA
3521 N. Durango Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89129
4141 Meadows Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89107