The Aging and Disability Services Division announces the availability of approximately $40,000 to three (3) communities from its 2016 Nevada’s Alzheimer’s Disease Supportive Services Program (ADSSP), Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative (ADI) – Specialized Supportive Services (SSS) Program. The purpose of the initiative is to:
- engage Nevada communities, including persons living with dementia, family care partners, healthcare professionals and the broader community, in dialogue about Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia;
- foster a collaborative, multi-sector approach toward becoming a dementia friendly and inclusive community using the Dementia Friendly America model; and
- expand the reach of the Nevada Dementia Supports Toolbox. As a result, this initiative aims to develop and promote communities that are informed, safe, respectful and inclusive of persons living with dementia and their care partners.
Applicants must address at least one of the following areas:
- Effective supportive services to persons living alone with Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia (ADRD) in the community;
- Effective care/supportive services to persons living with moderate to severe impairment from ADRD and their caregiver;
- Improvement of the quality and effectiveness of programs and services dedicated to individuals aging with intellectual and developmental disabilities with ADRD or those at high risk of developing ADRD;
- Delivery of behavioral symptom management training and expert consultation for family caregivers.
Funds will be committed for a one-year period (3-01-18 through 09-30-19). Award range is up to $10,000 per year for one (1) or two (2) years.
For more information or an electronic application, please visit http://adsd.nv.gov/programs/grant/opportunities (click here)or contact one of the following Aging and Disability Services Division offices:
Las Vegas (702) 486-3545
Reno (775) 688-2964
Carson City (775) 687-4210
Elko (775) 738-1966
Applications must be received on or before February 12, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
Administrative Assistant III
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
Aging & Disability Services Division | Resource Development
1860 E. Sahara Avenue | Las Vegas, NV 89104
T: (702) 486-3747 | F: (702) 486-3236
www.dhhs.nv.gov | www.adsd.nv.gov