- Broaden awareness and recognition of the signs of dementia and how to communicate with people with dementia.
- Encourage people with dementia to go about their daily activities, have a voice and make decisions, and contribute to community life for as long as possible with understanding, respect, and support from their care partners and other community members.
- Support people with dementia to live safely and be as independent as possible in settings that promote physical, mental, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual wellness.
- Guide people with dementia-like symptoms to receive an accurate and timely assessment and diagnosis followed by optimal treatment, support, and care.
- Provide people with dementia and their families, friends, and care-partners easy access to supportive options, information and resources, such as education on disease process, self-care, and providing care.
- Ensure resources and support are available and accessible to all people regardless of where they live, their cultural background, or their economic status.